Pastor – Hypnotherapist – Stage Hypnotist
William Mitchell is the Founder of the popular Heartland Hypnosis Conference in
St. Louis, MO . With two successful clinics in Illinois, he is often called upon to consult with other hypnotists that wish to replicate his model for clinical practice. William Mitchell is a Board-Certified Instructor for the National Guild of Hypnotists. Since 1997, he has hypnotized thousands in group seminars, conducted over 850 stage hypnosis events for various schools, companies, and social groups, and currently works with several hundred one-on-one hypnotherapy clients each year. Since 2006 over 250 hypnotherapy students have trained and been Certified by Rev. Mitchell.
William has performed for hundreds of Companies that include
- Anheuser Busch in St. Louis,
- Win Trust Bank, Rosemont, IL
- New York Life Insurance Company in Tampa, Florida,
- 3M Company in Brookings South Dakota,
- City of Joplin (MO) employees party,
- and The Multi District Rotary Convention in Chattanooga, TN
- As well as dozens of Colleges that include:
- University of Georgia at Athens,
- Catholic University of America, Washington, DC,
- Iowa State University Ames, IA
- Kansas State University at Manhattan,
- Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK.
- Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
- Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina, KS,
- Texas A&M University, Galveston TX,
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Tifton GA
- Each spring William and his team of hypnotists perform over 60 High School After-prom and Project Graduation events in 6 states.
He is also a former adjunct faculty member at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, IL serving on their Complementary and Alternative Medicine Panel (CAM). For his clinical work in Springfield, IL he was recognized with HYPNOTIST of the YEAR by the Mid America Hypnosis Conference in Chicago and the RELIGION and HYPNOTISM AWARD by the National Guild of Hypnotists Convention.
Academic credentials include a Bachelor of Arts from Culver-Stockton College with a Missouri Secondary Teaching Certificate in Social Science and Religion, as well as graduate theological education at Texas Christian University Brite Divinity School and Phillips University Graduate Seminary in Oklahoma with an earned Master of Divinity. While serving congregations in Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky, and Texas, Rev. Mitchell did doctoral work at TCU. He currently has served as the Pastor of First Baptist Church (The moderate American Baptists denomination.) in Stonington, IL since 2007. Out of this varied background he offers an alternative, inspiring and often humorous perspective on motivation, psychology, religion, focus, change, and success.
The Rev. William Mitchell M.Div., BCH, CI